Friday, February 17, 2012

Grief can cause us to grow...


While we usually think of troubling times as something we wish would never happen, they have the potential for being times of growth for us, depending upon how we look at them.  Just as this photo is obviously birds flying, if you look at it another way, you see a face that is smiling above a beautiful sunset.  It's the same with grief...it's how you look at it, and how you react to it, that can make a difference as to how it affects your life.


 I'm continuing my teaching on "Growing Beyond your Painful Past: Part Two" and doing my last writing on grief before moving on to the next topic in this section.  You can read today's teaching at http://fionab-growingbeyondyourpainfulpast.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Yuri Richardson said...

Shalom,

Yup! I say the smiley face soon as I looked at the picture. I read the post on "Growing Beyond your Painful Past: Part Two". I've heard some of it before, but I'm thankful that I've had the opportunity here to read it through so It can be digested.

Thanks again.

Shalom

FionaB said...

Thanks, Yuri. Always enjoy reading your comments. The picture made me think of our Maker, looking down on us and smiling!