Monday, February 13, 2012

Attacking your pain...

This little guy looks like he's certainly ready to attack something!  Hopefully, not my bird feeders as I've spent a lot of time trying to squirrel-proof them...but they always find some way to get around whatever blockade I put up. 




 Sometimes you have to have a battle plan for when you're in pain.  Today I'm beginning my teaching on "Living with Severe, Chronic Pain: Part Two" where I talk about attacking your pain by building your own arsenal.  You can find it at http://fionab-livingwithpainandillness.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Shari said...

I too have a SCS, although mine is St. Jude's. In fact, I'm having another surgery next week to revise it.

I think it's great that you're a counselor. Finding a Christian counselor is difficult enough. One that understands pain is even more difficult. I'm so blessed to have finally found one -- but only more than two years after my diagnosis. Her practice is so full that I can rarely even schedule an appointment; I'm on the cancellation list. And I wouldn't trade her for a counselor I could see every M-W-F!

Anyway, was just stopping by to say "hi" and nice to meet you!

FionaB said...

Welcome, Shari! Sorry to hear you're having to go through a revision...will be praying for you! I'm glad you've been able to find a counselor that you enjoy seeing. I understand about it being worth the wait! Thanks for visiting my blog and was nice meeting you, too :)