Friday, February 10, 2012

Want to understand the Bible better?



In my first few teachings for "Discipleship 201", I'm going to give you an overview of the Bible and what each of the 66 books in it are about.  Today I will give you an overview of the first half of the books of the Old Testament, and hopefully it will help you to better understand what you are reading.


Some people who are reading their Bible for the first time choose to begin with the New Testament as it tells about Jesus, especially in the book of John (I think we're all familiar with John 3:16, which is the text that summarizes the reason God sent Jesus to earth in the form of man).  Start reading wherever you feel is most helpful for you.   However, for the sake of layout, I'm starting at the beginning with the Book of Genesis.  Next time, I'll give you an overview of the rest of the Old Testament.  You can find the summary of the first Books of the Old Testament at http://growingasadiscipleofchrist-fionab.blogspot.com/

No comments: